So, this is a Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow RP Tumblr. Her character is drawn mostly from the movieverse, but, as you may have noticed, the movieverse hasn’t given us much of a backstory for our favorite ex-KGB agent yet. That said, I do have one written, which is a sort of amalgamation/streamlining of her main comic continuity, with some changes made to make sense in terms of the movieverse and for simplicity’s sake (so, basically, just like the movies). I haven’t done anything horribly AU- just basically streamlined the Earth-616 continuity, a LOT. If you check out her About or Headcanon links, there’s a lot more detail. (Note: these are under some revamping right now based on the info and my new headcanons from The Avengers, but they’re mostly accurate. If something Nat says differs a little in detail, though, that’s probably why. I’m on it, I swear.)
That said, here’s some basic OOC info you might want to know:
- As far as following people goes, I do try to follow as many people as my sanity allows, and at least tag them in a random open welcome post or something. That said, I’ve lost a few sanity points in my day, so when my dash gets too full/I start losing posts, I do tend to go through and purge my follow list of people I don’t interact with/interact with very rarely. There is nothing personal about this whatsoever- I just have a bad attention span, and I don’t want to miss RPing with anyone due to a cluttered dash. On that same note, I often have a load of prose waiting to be done and sometimes, I just hit the follow button and don’t manage to get a post out. Feel free to say hi, still- I’m not ignoring you, I swear, I’m just forgetful/busy/lazy/you know. I track the tag agentwidow and have my asks open, so always feel free to get Nat’s attention through those routes if you’d like.
- On prose- I love it. However, I do have a job and occasionally a social life (it’s very occasional) and so I try to keep my long form prose down to one or two people, just so you don’t end up waiting for ages for a response. If you want to prose, I’d love to, just try to shoot me a heads up on the ask box or Skype.
- For shorter replies, I do try to keep up, but like I said, things can get lost. If you’ve been chatting with Nat and she appears to have forgotten this fact, just nudge me ooc, and I’ll be on it, I swear.
- As far as multiples go, I’m working on her relationship page, and her character page explains a lot of this. I certainly don’t mind RPing with multiples of the same character- she talks to at least 4 Bartons, 2 Lokis, and even another her on a regular basis. However, unless we’ve hashed it out ahead of time, she’ll address and recognize them as being “out of universe”- aka, not one of her mains. She does do an AU with another Clint Barton, but as I said- that was something agreed on and worked on OOC beforehand. Simpler answer: if you just want to talk and such with Nat, any time! If you want her involved in a larger scale plot, let me know. I love plot. Mmm, plot.
- As far as ships go I’m really fairly open for anything- assuming it works. I don’t like planning things ahead of time, I think it’s far more organic and enjoyable if something develops naturally through RP. If it does, great! If not, well, art imitates life. It’s probably obvious that I have a soft spot for BlackHawk, but even then, it has to be developed, and the characters have to click. This is all I ask.
- One caveat: non-con is a trigger for me. I have no problem with others doing it, but the answer if you ask or if your character starts trying it will be no.
- You’re here reading this far, so I have a feeling this is unnecessary, but: please read all the info I have up if you can. I don’t expect anyone to be taking notes, but having a vague idea at least of what Nat’s about should aid in smooth, far less confusing RP fun!
- Related: there are a lot of AU kids, so I thought I’d address the issue because I don’t want to offend anyone. In comic, and my canon, Natasha has been rendered sterile by the Russian super-serum given to her by the Red Room. At this point in time, she has zero interest in reversing this process, or even looking into it. So, while you can still interact with her-most definitely- don’t be disappointed if she doesn’t “claim” you or is on edge. Also, in comic and my canon, Nat is in her mid-eighties. This pushes out most options for long-lost sibling or parents. It has nothing to do with not liking your character- I will RP with anyone! Just keep in mind that she has to be realistic to herself and her timeline, as well.
My personal Tumblr: anythingbutfaith
Skype: AliaShepard (usually not on voice chat,though)
Feel free to contact me through the RP page or either of these methods, guys. Just let me know who you are (especially on AIM/Twitter) so I don’t think it’s spam.